Thursday, August 21, 2008

Anti-Christ may have a new address!

Where do I begin...

It started some years ago in the book of Daniel. With my deepest spiritual partner, my wife, we read once again the amazing passage from chapter 10.

10:10 Then behold, a hand touched me(Daniel) and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11 He said to me, "O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you " And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling.
12Then he said to me, "Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words.
13"But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia."

That is some rich reading!! The salutation to Daniel... the preceeding mourning and fasting... the appearance of the angel(?)... Wow!! And after all that... he pulls back the veil for a tantalizing glimpse of the unseen realm!

> the existence of one called "the Prince of Persia (Iran)"...

> a twenty-one day struggle with this demonic power that resulted with the chief prince, Michael, interceeding... (NOTE: this Persian Prince is unthinkably potent!)

> and some guys called "the kings of Persia" just hangin' around.

My sweetheart and I (let's call her Wilderness Sweetheart (WS) began to think about this Prince of Persia and made note of a couple of things.
(NOTE: Some of the following is speculation! But, it is SINCERE speculation.) ;)

First, the cradle of civilization, and indeed the commonly held location of Eden lie in the footprint of Persia. We wondered, in light of present day evils, if this "assigned" demon-power, the Prince of Persia, was STILL in power and at work in the region? Was the "first lieutenant" of the Father of Lies still standing watch in ancient Mesopotamia/Persia? Could this particularly strong demon be the earliest of evangelists of lies, deceit, murder and crimes against nature?

And, IF the Prince of Persia HAD been in control of the same region of the world for 6000-plus years... How would that part of the world look today? What would the culture exposed to his lies and deceit look like? What would their religion teach? Would their cities and schools and places of worship somehow reflect a deeply deceptive and violent nature? Would they have a special hatred for those who did not believe as they did? Believers in the true God?!

There is no doubt. Satan has a plan for the subjugation of the whole world. But, THIS Prince... the Prince of Persia,... One who comes from the very beginning of war with Almighty God... has been the malevolent puppeteer of a specific, key population for thousands of years!! I think they are standing before us today. I think that the Prince of Persia is crouching with them. Waiting.

No comments: